It is approaching the end of the year and a time when many of us begin to think of what next. You may say, next year I will…………. Fill in the blank, .. keep my New Years Resolutions, change the daily routines to improve ourselves and our lives, but why wait! Start now, plan now.. get going so you hit the ground running when the clock hits midnight and we enter 2020, with your best year ahead firmly in your sight as you took the head start by warming up for the journey ahead of you.
One of the ways to accomplish moving in the right direction is to implement this 5 step system to get you headed in the right direction. A simple straightforward plan to kick start your new daily routines and get your journey going.
1. Drink Water, at least half your body weight every day! Although this may sound odd to be the first step, it is vital. You body and mind function far better when well hydrated. So do the math and get started on reaching that ideal intake number. The changes might just amaze you.
2. Be grateful for the little things in life. We always thank or mention gratitude for the big things. But pay attention and notice the little blessings that happen everyday. It could be as simple as your first cup of coffee, or the last seat on the bus. There are so many things that go unnoticed that improve our day to day. Take notice, express gratitude and more blessings will find their way to you.
3. Move your body for at least 30 mins everyday. It does not need to be gung ho workouts, a walk will do. Just find something you like that is simple, and do it! Consistently. I do my best thinking while walking. I wonder what ideas may come to you.
4. Find the time for what you never have time for. Get up an hour earlier, that is a whopping 60 mins you just found, read, write, sip your morning drink of choice and listen to nature, use this time to grow, relax or recharge. It is amazing how much you can accomplish in one hour that is available to you now.
5. Give up one category of food or drink for 30 days, ( so you will have 2 rounds of this, one each month) If you don’t have your health at the level it should be, this is a simple way to start making little changes in the right direction. Now really would giving up fried foods, or pastries, or starchy veggies really be terrible for one month.
It may challenge you, but that is the point change does not always happen overnight, but following these simple steps will get you started set you up to take on 2020 by storm.
So, if you are planning to have a wonderful 2020, finish this year strong, plan well and hold on to your bootstraps, it just might be a wild ride!
This is an Eema Unleashed thing to complement my Joyful Journey. Ready, set, go!!!